Blogs I Love Math Literature Freebies About Home

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

An Easy Way to Work on Basic Shapes

Last week, I purchased some foam sheets to make pool noodle boats and have a few leftovers.  I also have colored craft sticks left over from my number sticks project. I got out my little used stencil collection and made some fun shadow puppets with my extra supplies.  Of course I love including math in everything I do so I made all the basic shapes in addition to other animals and such.  

Easy steps!  Cut foam shapes, hot glue to craft sticks!

Add a flashlight and you are ready to go!

Star

oval

Bear who likes to eat the basic shapes!

This made a great rainy day activity and will be equally useful as a purposeful center in a Kindergarten or preschool classroom!  All of these shadow puppets and a small flashlight will fit in a quart size freezer bag giving you something ready to go in browse boxes or to keep kids buys while you are meeting with small groups!

For some fun songs about shapes check out my favorite You Tube videos about shapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment