Blogs I Love Math Literature Freebies About Home

Monday, March 16, 2015

New Book Study Announcement

The countdown to spring is on!  This is the time of year that I can't wait to get outside and dig in the dirt.  I also like to re-commit myself to professional reading because it motivates me to be my best as the school year comes to a close.  I have not done much professional reading since finishing up the Number Talks books study and I can't wait to dig into a few more good books.  With the emphasis this time of year on standardized testing, I wanted to pick something to keep teachers minds off of testing.  I have done some exploring with math play and am interested in reading more about play based learning.  So I have decided for my next book study, I will be digging into Mathematics Through Play in the Early Years.  
Each Sunday, I will be posting my thoughts about a few of the chapters and I would love to have you join me.  You can participate by leaving a comment here or writing your own blog post and linking it in the comments section.  

Here is the posting schedule
Sunday March 29th: Chapters 1-3
Sunday April 5th: Chapters 4&5
Sunday April 12th: Chapters 6&7
Sunday April 19th: Chapters 8&9

Grab a copy of the book and finish your school year strong!  

2 comments:

  1. This looks super interesting, Tara. I'm tempted to buy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly keep up with all these books you suggest, but that's okay. I can make a pile and work my way through them this summer.

    ReplyDelete